Notes: Russ Grove, also known as Joseph and Zipporah Russ Humboldt County Pioneers Grove, is located near the confluence of Brown Creek and Prairie Creek in Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park. On August 23, 1923, Zipporah Russ donated this 0.25 mi2 (0.65 km2) tract of old-growth redwood forest to Save the Redwoods League as a memorial to her late husband and other pioneers of Humboldt County. Russ Grove became the first dedicated grove in Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park.
Russ Grove includes the following coast redwoods:
Brown Creek Giant is the largest tree in Russ Grove.
Photos: Pictures of Russ Grove