Notes: Stout Grove, also known as Frank D. Stout Memorial Grove, is located near the confluence of Mill Creek and Smith River in Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park. In 1929, Clara W. Stout, widow of Del Norte Lumber Company former President Frank D. Stout, donated this 0.07 mi2 (0.18 km2) tract of old-growth redwood forest to Save the Redwoods League in memory of her late husband. Stout Grove became the first dedicated grove in Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park.
Stout Grove contains 1 tree larger than 20,000 ft3 (566 m3).
Stout Grove includes the following coast redwoods:
Stout is the largest tree in Stout Grove.
Photos: Pictures of Stout Grove